Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thenguzhal - Diwali Celebs- JFI





Diwali or Deepavali is one of the festival grandly celebrated throughout India. Also called as "Festival of lights" have originated as a harvest festival, marking the last harvest of the year before winter. I really miss India this time.For the past two years, I have been out of my country India and really miss my parents :( Having 6 month old kid at home, my parents and in-laws will enjoy the sweet days of her.
Having all those in mind, I have got something special for this Diwali for not-so-missing India! Yeah, I made thenguzhal

Thenguzhal is one of the snacks made during Diwali!Its yummy and nice to munch in between meals! ;)This one is so easily made and interesting for beginners in cooking too :) Want to impress, Husband or Mother-in-law? Yeah, I know that smile:)




Since this month is celebrating food , I am sending this for JFI Nov '08 Festival Treats. And hats off to our Host : Srivalli.

Recipe as goes:

Ingredients:

Rice Flour - 2 cups
Powdered Urad dal ( You get in stores) - 1/4 cip
Jeera ( Oops, I didn't add.I got to buy it today at Indian store)
Salt
Butter - 2 tsp

Method:

Mix like a dough with water and keep it aside. Heat more oil in a pan, and with that "achu" , you can try doing it directly to the pan, until it becomes nice and crispy :)



Thats it! Isn't simple ?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anu,

Too Good, Superb, Very nice!
Wish you and Your family a very Happy & Prosperous Deepavali
Enjoy!
Reshma

Srivalli said...

Thanks for sending Thenguzhal..this is my most fav during childhood!

TestingSalesforce said...

Hi Reshu...Happy diwali too :)
Hi sri

I should thank you for conducting this classic event which I am able to participate.