Friday, July 27, 2012

Rumali Roti









Do you buy more wheat flour than rice in a month? I do...so it's always Phulkas/Parathas every night . So boring of this routine, I decided to do rumali roti. Whenever we visit the food street in Bangalore in Basavangudi, we go to stall where Rumali rotiis are served hot with Channa masala as side dish. Hmmm...still I can feel the taste in my mouth.



What if I can try remaking the same?? But will I be able to recreate the same big rumali rotis made with the inverted tawa ? As my dear hubby always a guinea pig ( am sorry dear) , I went ahead to make this rumali roti with Tofu as a side dish.

Here is the recipe:



1 cup All purpose flour/Maida
1 cup Whole Wheat flour/Atta
salt to taste
1 Tbsp oil
Milk and Water to make dough


Method:



Mix all the dry ingredients and start kneading the dough with Milk and Water. Allow to rest for 1 hr. Start making balls of same size and roll it thinly .


I bet we can't make that big size like of Hotel/Restuarant but am sure we can make a small sized just like Phulkas. This might be very high in calories so you can make it a once a month option.


3 comments:

Suryaprabha said...

Perfectly made romali rotis..

http://aromaticdining.blogspot.com/

Chitra said...

Perfect rumali roti.. looks nice :)

Unknown said...

Anu! you have such amazing recipes in your space. iam totally wowed.will try some of them soon. glad to follow you.