Thursday, August 13, 2009

Channa dal fry...

Its been a very very long time since I blogged. I know, i say this everytime, i log in but having 15 months kids at home, make me so busy. Whatever i try to do, she justs imitates me.So,I stop taking the camera, as she does the same.Anyhow, today i have got time for myself!(Atlast!!!) So i thought i will make it today by posting some good new recipes.

For the past few days(or months), I have been making wonderful dishes which i Unfortunately,couldnt take pictures and post it. Today, I made a channa dal or Dal fry using Channa dal along with methi parata. What a wonderful combination...It came out as perfect and my husband liked it so much.



Ingredients:

CHanna Dal - 1 cup ( soaked in water for atleast 1/2 hour)
Onion- 1 (chopped finely)
TOmatoes- 2 - small (1 big)
Coriander powder - 1tsp
Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp ( THis channa dal need a lot of ginger, since channa produces lots of gas)
Kitchen-king masala or garam masala - 1tsp
Turmeric powder - 1tsp
Jeera - 1tsp
Curry leaves a few
and coriander leaves for garnishing.

Method:

1) In a cooker, give 4-5 whisltes for channa dal to cook.
2) WHile cooking, in a kadai with oil or ghee, put the jeera and wait till splutters. Then add, Onions and saute it nicely and put the ginger-garlic paste.
3)Then, add tomatoes,and the masalas(Turmeric powder,coriander powder,kitchen king masala) and fry for about 3 mts.
4)As soon as, everything is married well, add this to the cooked channa dal in the cooker and give about 3 whistles again.

Ta-da , Dal fry is readyyyyyyyyyy!!! Its so delicious with Methi Parata...!!Try it and let me know

No comments: