Thursday, July 12, 2012

Channa vathakhuzhambu/kondakadalai vathakuzhambu




Sounds different but I bet it's a tasty treat. When it comes to kuzhambu ,we simple add some vegetables such as onion, tomatoes ,methi leaves or even add appalams but what it's like to add Channa in vathakuzhambu?i had the same doubt when I saw making this in my in-laws house , but I bet, it was very very yummy. Not only it contains high protein but it was hmmmm... Before it gets over I thought I need to pen down this recipe.

Ingredients:

Big lemon-sized tamarind(puli)
1 spn Mustard seeds
1 spn Channa dal
1 spn Urad dal
1 spn Toor Dal
1 cup of Channa / chole , soaked in water overnight and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles
4-5 Methi seeds
4-5 Red Chillies
2 heep spn Sambar powder
6-7 Curry Leaves
5 Spoon Gingely Oil


Method:


* Take a kadai, Pour Gingely oil
** Add Mustard Seeds
** Add Channa Dal
** Add Urad Dal
** Add Toor Dal
** Add Methi Seeds
** Add Red Chillies
** Add Channa/chole

* Then add the pulp of Tamarind Juice

* Add Sambar powder and Salt

*Let it boil for 15- 20 minutes till it becomes semi-fluid consistency.

1 comment:

Wholesale Printing said...

Singaara chennai,I Like to see another post in your blog, Printing and letterhead design Use ful to me and my friend keep