Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Eggless Dates Cake

Who doesn't like sweets or cakes...I always love them but was so poor with the to-do stuffs. Normally I dont get sweet stuff in my kitchen. Always its a struggle to make a simple payasam/Kheer except the vermicilli which I have mastered recently. Even I was ready to go for Cake classes in Chennai but didn't get time for that. So after all the thinking I put in to make something sweet, I went for eggless dates cake.

Though I love eggs, my hubby is no-eggs-at-home person. I have to make a cake without egg.My sister does awesome cooking.Once she gave me this dates cake ,so the idea struck me to just re-do it again and see how it works.
To my fear,it came out so perfect at the end. I referred Aayi's recipe.Thanks yaar.





Ingredients:

1 cup All purpose Flour
18 Seedless Dates
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tea spn baking soda

Also, thanks to Aayi's recipe. If I din't see baking soda and put baking powder instead of it, it would have gone thick.But I love this texture.

Method:

1)Soak dates in Warm Milk.
2) After 10-15 minutes,once you know its soaked well,put it in blender and mix it well with sugar.
3) In a big bowl, add All purpose flour,oil,baking soda and the mix the dates blended with milk and sugar.

Preheat the oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased oven proof dish for 35-40min (or till a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean).




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love dates...will try this recipe soon...

http://www.sumanarthyskitchen.blogspot.com/