Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spinach with buttermilk gravy/Keera Morkootu

After I came here to US, It seems am losing my hair daily. Without vitamin supply, I cant survive here.We can't just rely on tablets alone, so I started including spinach in our diet.Atleast 2-3 times a week is a must to have greens.Since spinach is much cheaper in US than India, I get it often. Spinach is a good source of iron.I love 'kootus' and my hubby is dead against coconut-greenchillies combination. So, I always make him 'porichakootu ' which is 'coconut-uraddal-daniya-milagavathal' combination. So for a change with "vethakuzhambu' , I did this spinach with buttermilk gravy /Keera Morkootu.


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Spinach - 1 or 2 bunch ,Chopped finely, Washed

Coconut- 1/2 cup

Greenchillies- 2

Jeera- 1 tsp

Curd/Yogurt- 1 cup

Mustard-1 tsp

Long red Chillies/Milagavathal - 1



Method:-

1) Grind Coconut,greenchillies,jeera and make in to paste

2) In a kadai with oil, put mustard and wait till splutter. Put urad dal and Long Red Chillies and add spinach/Keera and fry till it cooks well.

3)Add the paste in to that Keera and let it cook for couple of minutes.

After switching off the fire and keep it on the side.Add Yogurt/Thick Buttermilk over the top and mix it. Serve it hot.

Ta..Da Spinach with buttermilk gravy is ready.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh thanx for ur info dear..Im loosing hair too...I will start including spinach more often now...I know curry leaves help in hair thinning...