Monday, February 11, 2008

The art of making Filter Coffee

This post shows the step-by-step process of making Filter Coffee at home.




This is how the filter looks like.


I am sending this post to Chita Amma's KitchenIts wonderful of you to conduct this Treasure Hunt. Hats Off Buddy:)This will surely connect people what they know and what they not know.





Show the top filter over the flame. This will open the holes underneath that filter making the essence to come faster and thicker.



After heating, put 3 tspns of Coffee powder( Preferred Madras Coffee day's , coffee powder). Others should be okay. and press with that pressholder lightly to make sure that the powder is evenly distributed.






Boil water in a separate pan and pour little by little, so that the decoction comes down thicker. ( P.S: Don't pour very fast - That will only drop the water to get down in to the bottom layer of the filter not the decoction).Continously pour little by little and make sure that the bottom filter is filled with the decoction.

3 tsps of coffee powder should be enough for two people. It depends on the filter coffee size too. Medium one will be okay for two-three people.




You can see the water is filled at the top filter.




The decoction is dripping from the top filter to the down filter. Decoction is just the essence of the powder and in the liquid form.


Once the decoction is filled, heat the milk separetly and pour it in the Dabara tumbler with sugar added.





Hot Coffee is served with the froth on the top!!! Wana coffee???

To get that froth, pour milk from the reasonable distance without spilling it.

5 comments:

Kribha said...

Anu... Thankyou so much dear for posting this. You know what. I have the same filter too. But I didn't know how to use the pressholder. My friend said that I should put the pressholder in the top filter first, then add coffee powder and finally hot water. But it never worked. I got only few drops of decoction that too after 45 mins. I knew something was wrong but never figured it out. I even gave it away to my son to play. It's good that I saw your post. Filter coffee is the first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for the detailed pictures.

TestingSalesforce said...

I hope this helps you to get back the filter coffee again. The aroma is delicious and cannot be compared to Starbucks coffee or Dunkin Donuts.

Unknown said...

Wowee - Lovely post! Thanks Anu! I can smell the aroma off the page :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Anu,
Thank U so much.
As soon as I saw the recepie, I am so much excited and I prepared the filter coffee.
It is a wonderful coffee.
Actually we have the coffee powder, by mistake we bought instead of instant coffee powder, and that time onwards I thought to prepare filter coffee...but I didn't know how to prepare that.
Now I knew that... once again thanks a lot.

TestingSalesforce said...

you are welcome divya & sri