Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paneer Peas Masala or Mutter Paneer



Every sunday evening, it is so boring to cook. So, this sunday, I decided to make simple and yet tasty one. As I was thinking, something struck my mind to prepare this Mutter Paneer or Paneer Peas Masala. Since am in the beginning of the last trimester, i was so exhausted but felt like eating some kind of North Indian dish.




First time after marriage, my husband promised me to help make this dish. It was so sweet of him to offer me help at this time. I really need someone's help and I swear this day is an unforgettable day of my life. It was just prepared in 30 minutes...including making of Chapati.

Recipe as follows:


Ingredients:


Paneer - 10- 15 pieces[cut in to squares]
Normal indian peas soaked in water over night /frozen peas - 1.5 cups
onion - 1
Tomatoes - 1.5
Ginger-Garlic paste -1 spn
Cloves -2
Cinnamon
Elaichi - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 spn
Chilli powder - 1 spn
cumin powder - 1 spn
Salt
garam Masala
Cashew paste - 1 spn(soak 3-4 cashews in water for few minutes and make paste )
Curd - 2 spns

To-Do things :-

1)In a kadai with Oil, fry
Cloves, Cinnamon, elaichi, roughly chopped onions ,Ginger-garlic paste ,Chilli powder ,turmeric and wait till it becomes light brown and let it cool for some time. Grind it in to a paste.
2) Separately grind tomatoes.
3) Fry panner in a kadai till paneer turns light brown.

Method:

1) Take kadai with oil and put the grinded onion paste and let it boil for 5-10 minutes till the raw smell goes off.
2) Then add grinded tomatoes.
3) Add Cumin powder ,salt and let it boil for few minutes.
4) Add peas, cashew paste , curd and salt. Boil for 3 minutes.
5) Add paneer and Garam Masala.Keep it in simmer and let it boil for sometime till you make chapathi.

Garnish with coriander.Didn't I tell you how yummy it was..How dumb of me!

2 comments:

Kribha said...

That was so sweet of your hubby to pitch in. Mutter paneer looks delicious. I do it the same way too but I use cream instead of curd.
So, you are in your last trimester? That's so nice. I can recollect those days of looking at the calender and wondering when I would reach the due date.

TestingSalesforce said...

Thanks Kribha for all your comments.