Thursday, March 13, 2008

Keera Morkootu



Keera Morkootu is one of my mother's specialty. I tried to imitate her style, but as you know, mother's recipe is always unique. The recipe as follows

Ingredients:

Spinach - a bunch
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Buttermilk - As needed

To Grind:

Coconut - 3 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 3


Tempering:


Mustard - 1 tsp

Method:

1) Separately cook Spinach and Dal.
2) Once it is cooked, let it boil for 5-8 mts and then put the grinded thing with this and boil for 8 mts till it gets semi liquid.
3) After that, add the butter milk to make it little bit thick like the consistency in this picture.
4) Then, in a small kadai , with oil ,put the mustard and wait till it splutters and pout it in the kadai.

Its easy and healthy recipe too. You can make it in 4 steps and takes about 10-15 mts totally.

Method:

3 comments:

Raks said...

Anu,
Never tried mor koottu with spinach! looks yummy!

Bharathy said...

My husband suggets not to mix curd and spinach..he simply stays away if I make mor kozhambu and spinach as a meal :(..
I love the combo and have seen even my MIL supporting this same concoction!..
I simply love mor and keerai combination :)...nice recipe

TestingSalesforce said...

thanks raks.
Barathy, seriously, its a very good combo and healthy too.