Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Penne Pasta Salad in 10 minutes

Snowy Snowy days are here and I am desperately waiting for the spring. That doesn't stop me from making nice colorful salad for my lunch time. There is limited options to try for lunch such as Phulkas, Quinoa or Rice. Just for a change, after I packed the regular lunch for my husband, I decided to try something new and healthy. It should not be time consuming and definetly I dont like to spend so much time in the kitchen after doing packing stuff for my family. With all the constraints and the affair for the new dish, I proceeded to the kitchen at around 12'ish and was looking at the options I have. Though I wanted fresh and colorful, I decided to make a salad...I could see Whole Wheat Penne Pasta lying around in my pantry. Here is the simple recipe which took only 10 minutes apart from boiling the pasta which took me around 6 minutes. SInce my salad included red, yellow, green , I had couple of ingredients which was satisfying my deed. Mini Sweet Peppers, Spring Salad ( Lettuces from Sam's Club or Costco) , and Peas was my other ingredient apart from the Main pasta. If you cannot find spring salad or you dont get one, you can substitute with Spinach. Ingredients: Mini Peppers ( Red and Yellow) - 2 (1/2 cup chopped) Frozen Peas - Handfull Penne Pasta- 1 cup Spring Salad - 1 cup Parmigiano- 1 tsp Salt and Oil Lime /Lemon juice- 1/2 tsp or 1/2 Pepper - 1/2 tsp Method: 1) Boil Penne pasta for about 6 minutes or as per instructions in the box. 2) SImultaneously, Saute the pepper and peas for about 5-6 minutes. 3) As soon the pasta is done, drain the pasta and mix withe the saute pepper and peas, and mix the spring mix along with the salt and lemon juice and pepper. Relish with simple tomato ketchup and it is simple as it is.

No comments: